Monday, March 28, 2011

China Glaze Island Escape- part 1

Hi monkeys! I got some excellent nail mail today- China Glaze's Island Escape summer collection.  There's 6 colors total so I'm breaking up the goodness into two posts.  First up is Blue Iguana, Electric Pineapple and Senorita Bonita.
The press release described Blue Iguana as " Bold and daring sparkly blue." I agree with the description :)
 
 Here it is in natural light (left) and sunlight (right)











  



 You can click on the pictures to enlarge for detail.  There is a little visible nail line but it is so faint under all the reflection of the glitter.  The pictures were 3 coats and they built up really nice.
I also have no top coat on this so you can see the built in shine! the little shimmers are slivery and blue and the color is not a neon which is nice for the corneas :) This color is a win for me.


And here is Electric Pineapple! Such a cute name!

 The press release described this as: "High intensity crème based lime green." I don't know about you guys, but I think this is a yellow in the sun and a yellow green in shade.  This was 2 generous coats.  I was impressed that the coverage on this was as awesome as it was; not streaky but creamy and easy to apply, not runny at all













Now for my favorite because it's purple: Senorita Bonita! I was really giddy to see this in the press release and I got to tell you, it's now one that I will wear as a full mani over many days :)


This one is described as "Passionate purple shimmer with pink micro glitter."  Did you catch that? Shimmer AND micro glitter AND it's purple! This was 3 coats, but 2 would do fine.  The pink almost looks like gold flecks when the light catches it right.  The formula on this applied really well and did not stain and was easy to clean up off the cuticles.  I like this one because it's not in your face purple but it won't go unnoticed.  I feel that my camera picked up more on the blue hues of it but it also looks like it has raspberry-esque highlights.  Another win!

Up tomorrow I'll have for you:
·        Papaya Punch: Crème based vivid orange.
·        108 Degrees: Flirtatious berry pink with specks of micro glitter.
      
·        Cha Cha Cha: Vivacious shimmer green.
   

What do you think so far of the first three?




*Polishes were provided to me by the company for review*

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your swatches. Papaya Punch definitely looks yellow to me. I wonder if it's anything like OPI Fiercely Fiona?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great swatches, haven't made my mind up about them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Senorita. Looking forward to ChaChaCha & 108 degrees. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)