Friday, August 12, 2011

Glitter Comparisons: Silver holo



I started swatching some glitter top coats and noticed that I had 4 main ones  that I wanted to compare for you.  There seems to be a lot of silver holo glitters out lately, so let’s take a look at each.
Index:  Sally Hansen Twinkle Twinkle
Middle: OPI Spark de Triumph
Ring: China Glaze Shooting Star
Pinky: Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos





I layered all these over OPI Moon over Mumbai which is a shimmery sheer gray.  The Sally Hansen’s Twinkle Twinkle has black glitter with silver and large round iridescent glitters. I think this would be best layered over a darker color because layered over something light like MOM, it reminds me of sand (gritty). OPI’s Spark de Triumph is pretty cool! It has small holo glitter and larger hex holo glitters.  This reminds me of snowglobes for some reason but I still like it, especially over a pedicure.  On my ring finger is my favorite, it’s China Glaze Shooting Star. This one is more a jelly like base and has iridescent small glitter and large round iridescent glitters.. my favorite because it looks like snow.  The last on my little finger is Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos: all holographic glitter! It's a gnarly glitter bomb of a polish and reminds me of Color Club's Magic Attraction- super dense and super shiny!




6 comments:

  1. My fav is funky fingers!
    But they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. China Glaze Techno is definitely my favorite silver holo glitter topcoat! I have Spark De Triomphe as well and its' just not glittery enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought I was the only one in the world who owned Moon Over Mumbai. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen/tried Sally Hansens Xtreme Wear in "Strobe Light?" I clicked on your post thinking it was pictured. It's such a good silver holo glitter. It was my favorite for a few months, I put it on top of EVERYTHING.

    Great post. I love your comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I like the CG best of these but the OPI is a major close 2nd.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)