Friday, September 21, 2012

The Manicured Monkey Presents: The Little Canvas


Your name:  Alaina
Blog name: The Little Canvas (http://thelittlecanvas.blogspot.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/thelittlecanvas

Favorite polish brand/color/finish:
Favorite Polish Brand – Sinful Colors/Sally Hansen/China Glaze (too many to pick!)
Favorite Polish Color – Mint Apple by Sinful Colors or Luminary by Sinful Colors
Favorite Finish – anything Shimmer - I typically add a glitter top coat (such as China Glaze Fairy Dust) to my creams to make them less flat.

Why did you start your blog?:
I started my blog after being inspired by so many other lovely nail bloggers.  After becoming addicted to nail art, and being told by many people in my personal life that I should photograph and share my photos, I decided to take a leap and start blogging.

What do you think is your specialty mani?:
Anything nail art is my specialty!  I rarely and I mean RARELY do a simple manicure, and if you ask anyone who knows me, the simple ones drive me insane.  I’ve been told that I’m really good at flower and animal manicures.

Where do you look for inspiration?
I’m inspired by a lot of things.  Sometimes I will see a shirt or a dress with a pattern I like and think “I need to have that on my nails.”  Nature, pictures, and colors have inspired me as well.  When I’m feeling un-inspired, I surf pinterest or look at other nail blogs.

What’s one mani you have yet to attempt?
Galaxy nails!  I’m going to attempt them in the near future, but it’s the one thing I have really yet to try.

One nail trend you are not on board with:
Magnetic nails.  Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re really cool looking, but they aren’t for me.  I purchased a magnetic polish and quickly returned it after it didn’t work out.

Do you have a nail care routine?
This is where I’m not 100% like other bloggers.  Cutting and pushing my cuticles back freaks me out.  I can’t do it.  I’m not sure why but I can’t.  I will push back a cuticle if I have to and it looks awful, but other than that, I let them go.  I typically cut my nails and file any sharp weird edges.  Then I typically moisturize my hands/cuticles with regular hand lotion.

What you hope readers take away from your blog:
I hope to inspire others to attempt nail art like so many bloggers have inspired me.  I never knew I had this ability, and wouldn’t have if it weren’t for this amazing community.  Painting and blogging has become a huge joy for me, so I hope that someone may find the same joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)