Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Manicured Monkey Presents: Walk In My Eyeshadow


Your name: Natalie Elise







Favorite polish brand/color/finish:
I love China Glaze and OPI, I’m a bit of a snob that way and need to start expanding my collection. I live in Australia so I don’t have access to as many polish companies as I would like to have. My favourite colour to wear is purple. I LOVE flakie finish polishes but I tend to stick to wearing creme finishes mostly.

Why did you start your blog?:
I started my blog to go along with my Youtube channel (WalkInMyEyeShadow) where I post makeup tutorials. I began posting more nail related posts on my blog more than I posted on my Youtube, but I’m trying to get back into the routine of filming tutorials again



What do you think is your specialty mani?:
I don’t really have a specialty but I love nail art stamping, I have a large collection of image plates (with more on the way lol) and I love using those to add pretty and delicate designs to an otherwise boring manicure

Where do you look for inspiration?
Nail art blogs and Pintrest. I also get a lot of inspiration from nail related groups on Facebook

What’s one mani you have yet to attempt?
As I said, I’m pretty boring when it comes my polish application. I’m thinking of doing a series on my blog where I try out all the different application techniques (eg. water marble, splatter, etc) so if anyone has some good suggestions, please let me know

One nail trend you are not on board with:
Caviar manicure, I just don’t get it. Its pretty from a photography angle but I would go ape as soon as one ball fell off and I’d have to remove the whole thing

Do you have a nail care routine?
Yes and no. I attempt to keep my cuticles moisturized every day, and file my nails when they look haggard but when it comes to a full out manicure/nail care I only do it when I need to (or I feel like I need a little pampering)

What you hope readers take away from your blog:
I hope that they learn a thing or two and gain a little inspiration. I love hearing from my readers what they like and dislike about my posts because it helps me to improve my application techniques. I hope to inspire people and give them another way to look at nail art and beauty and maybe step out of the comfort zone once in awhile.

2 comments:

  1. First of all: I LOVE the name of your blog :)
    Second of all: I LOVE the blog itself :)
    Just found this blog to be honest by visiting one of my favorite blog, Nail Crazy.. she is participating in your Halloween contest :)
    Im happy I clicked the link to your blog :)
    I understand why you love brands like China Glaze and OPI, they are amazing :) They are amazingly expensive over here too so I don´t own as many OPI and China Glaze polishes as I would want to own :)
    Take care hun
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found my way here through walk in my eyeshadow's blog. I think this is great that you help spread the word about other blogs! I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)