Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Zoya: Pixie Dust Collection - swatches

Ok, so now I'm really digging the textured polishes. I have the latest from Zoya and boy are they sparkly! The Pixie Dust collection is great and there's more to come for summer! Onto swatches and below I've included a video link and tips of how to apply Pixie Dust polishes.
Dry time was great with these as well as application; they applied like regular polishes that have no texture, making it easy to evenly spread the color over the nail.
 A ruby red, this one is a sparkler! I did two coats and am impressed with the sparkles.
 I put Dahlia and London side by side for you for comparison. These two are so sparkly they wigged my camera out. Dahlia is a light black with the silver sparkles while London is a darker gray with the same light sparkles. London reminds me of sparkly cement while Dahlia could be red carpet ready. 
 a light beige with sparkles. I did two thin coats and it could probably have used another coat. This would be the neutral of the bunch but since it's still sparkles, I'll take it. 
 A light blue with gray tendencies and the pixie dust sparkle, Nyx is softer than I thought it would look. I did two thin coats and again should have done a third. It didn't look that see through until I took pictures, still a delight though. I love the dusty blues. 
Is someone's name really Vespa? I'd like to know this. A yellow soft green, two coats and that great sparkle, I'm liking this color and I'm not a fan of green. 

These all have a great "dusty" soft feel to them which works extremely well with the sparkle that draws attention to the nail.  I would suggest 3 thin coats for most of these and dry time is really great (there's nothing more boring than watching polish dry). 


Ultra long-wearing, nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - all formulas are completely free of harmful industrial chemicals such as toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP) that are known to cause cancer and birth defects.
Zoya PixieDust $9 (US)
Follow the Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments Blog and stay tuned on Twitter (@Zoyanailpolish) and Facebook for release date updates.
Hashtags: #ZoyaPixieDust and #nailpolish.
Zoya PixieDust: COMING SOON VIDEO… http://youtu.be/mUOVE4Iswrk

ZOYA IS THE NEW COLOR OF FASHION!
Find it at zoya.com
_ _ _

Instructions for Zoya PixieDust application:
·         Clean and prep nail using Zoya Remove +
·         Magic Time! Apply 1 thin coat of Zoya PixieDust to each nail  - allow to dry completely (will appear matte with sparkle).
·         Apply an 1-2 coats of polish (allowing each to dry) as desired. We suggest 2-3 thin coats of Zoya PixieDust for a full coverage manicure.
·         That’s it - Done! You now have the latest textured nail look in the famous long-wearing, Big5Free Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish formula!
NOTE: Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish dry times are a little slower than with traditional polish but once dry, the Zoya PixieDust formulation will provide extended wear.
Best results are achieved by using the product alone. No basecoat or topcoat required. Layering of the Zoya PixieDust formulation with other polishes may produce less than desirable results.
Remove Zoya PixieDust by saturating a cotton pad in Zoya Remove + and pressing to nail for a few seconds. Repeat on each nail for best results.

5 comments:

  1. OMG I really really love Chyna and I hardly even like reds. These look so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and the red one, they're soooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! Like you dipped your nails in sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are 1577 people in U.S named Vespa. Looked it up just for u! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Ally that's too funny!!! thanks for being cheeky :D

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)