Sunday, September 28, 2014

JORD Wood Watch Review and themed mani!

Hi Monkeys, I have a different type of review for you today... more of a fashion accessory review, and also a great holiday gift idea for men or women! Recently JORD wood watch company contacted me and extended the opportunity to review one of their timepieces. Amazing. Let me tell you a bit about the watches: made from natural (sustainable)  materials sourced from around the world, each piece is unique due to different grains in the wood. It's pretty much art on your wrist. I also did nail art to compliment the watch. 
The mani that I did for it was a bit of a new experiment. I did a sort of distressed wood look using Milani Silhouette and OPI Going My Way Or Norway? and stamped the watch from BMH14 and the trees from BM407. I also matted the distressed look with OPI's matte top coat. I really like how this turned out and matches the theme of the watch. 
I was sent the 94A model and here's some deets from their site:
  • Hardened, Scratch-proof glass face: 26mm x 33mm
  • Wood frame / bezel: 48mm x 42mm
  • Band width: 26mm - 37mm transition design (5pc links)
  • Lug ends: 42mm
  • Stainless face
  • Single action clasp
  • 3-hand Citizen Miyota movement with date window
  • Includes stained bamboo display box
Each JORD watch is designed to be splash proof but is not intended for complete submergence in water. Also note that due to the nature of the wood chosen for each unique timepiece, colors and grain pattern may vary from photos.
This one retails for $159 and in my opinion is well worth it for such a unique timepiece, plus that's affordable as far as higher quality watches are concerned. It's a win win. 


1 comment:

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)