Thursday, June 23, 2011

Purple Stripe Gradient with Glitter



 This was my first attempt at a gradient manicure.  I wanted to do something fun for Father's Day weekend.  We were going out to dinner with family so I thought this would be a fun mani to wear and match my make up to.
  



This took forever but I think was worth it.  There's a few things that I would change but I'll get to that in a minute..

I used: China Glaze Nova, OPI: Rumples Wiggin', Funky Dunky, Planks Alot.

I started out with 2 coats of Rumples Wiggin' and a coat of SV to dry it fast, then taped off with nail striping tape (did you see I added some to  my giveaway?) and painted the next color from the tape and below to the tip of my nail, then added a coat of SV.  Lather, rinse, repeat....

So the things I would change about this? I would not have put glitter on the bottom because it was such a pain to remove, especially since there was 3 or 4 coats of SV below it.  I really like the way it looks with 4 colors but obviously 3 would be much easier and faster.  I blurred this picture so you could appreciate the bling factor. I guess that's the lazy way of doing the mani is with 3 colors.

The great side to this mani was that it lasted for a long time with no tip wear or chipping. I think it had something to do with the fact my nails were so full of polish they were as thick as gel nails!

I got many compliments on this manicure including someone asking me where I got them done LOL love it!

It did take me about an hour and a half or two hours but I think if I was wearing this more than 3 days, it's well worth it.

I added a little something to the giveaway for reaching 500 followers, you should check it out ;-) as more people follow, more cool things are added, it's just how I roll :-)

12 comments:

  1. great mani!
    it's amazing that you could fnd 3 purples that match so well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great mani, i bet you needed a lot of patience to do this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, I was looking through my stash yesterday to see if I had enough purples to do a purple ombre mani but I only had four, so I guess I could do this instead! Maybe one day when I have an afternoon to spare lol
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute, I like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. I am wondering how it would turned out if you'd make a rainbow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way it looks...But I'm sure I'm with you and wouldn't think it was worth it after I got done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ficou muito bonito!!!
    beijos
    http://www.bellasunhasecia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love it!!
    Very cool!!!
    Thank you for what you added!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)