Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cutex: Polish Remover Review

Recently I have been using Cutex polish remover in preparation for a review.  I have two removers from the Quick and Gentle line:  Nourishing and Regular Protein enriched. Both of these are acetone based removers.
Regular is protein enriched so it doesn't dry out your nails and Nourishing has vitamin E in it to aid in the health of your nails.  Normally I use straight acetone to take off polish because it's quick and I paint my nails so much. To deal with the damage it does to my skin, I just use cuticle oil or cuticle butter.  I took a picture to show how the acetone dries out my cuticles (index finger), and on the other three fingers I used Cutex Nourishing to remove my mani.

I'm quite impressed.  They have updated their technology/formula over time and have been around forever so they're credible on their own.
If you have been a polish junkie for as long as I have, you are well aware of Cutex, but here is some interesting information about them:

They have polish remover pads, remover that comes in a pump so there is no spilling, remover in a jar, where you can dip your finger right in for polish removal.  Their website has great care tips as well for mani and pedi, along with some fun nail facts.  I haven't tried these, but Cutex also has nail treatments!
The company is also on twitter @CutexNails and have been featured in Allure, O, In Style, Lucky, Parenting and Fitness magazines. Cutex products are widely available at drugstores, mass merchandisers, and super markets.

2 comments:

  1. There used to be a Cutex that smells really good, do they still smell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they smell less than acetone for sure and not as strong as most id say

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)