Sunday, September 18, 2011

Color Club: Backstage Pass (glitter sandwiched)

This is my first ever jelly sandwich or candy  mani.  I've seen candy manis done with OPI Houston We Have a Purple and finally picked it up and tried it out for myself.  I used Color Club Backstage Pass from their new collection Backstage Pass. It has large hex glitter in a pinkish purple and sliver. The top left picture is one coat of Houston We Have A Pruple and Backstage Pass over it. I really really do not like this look. To me the glitter is like sequins and need somthing over it to make them lay flat and not look like chopped up aluminum foil on your nails. I did a coat of Houston over it and it was fabulous. You could still see the shine of the glitter but it wasn't obnoxious and it did look squishy.  There's another glitter I picked up from this collection that I'll show you that's a bit different but in my opinion, more fun  :-) Stay tuned! 

Updates: I'm going to do a giveaway at 700 public followers. I have some of my latest favorites to include for you guys, including holos and glitters. 
Also, my blog sale is still happening and I have more China Glaze to add to it. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan )=
    A nice glitter but a whole collection is too much maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that combination...i especially love the color club backstage pass

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO! Another Monkey giveaway! :)
    Love the sammy. So squishy, I want to eat it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Those are some big glitter!!! It looks pretty cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's super fun, I like the sandwich of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is insane! Looks so wicked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get HWHAP just because of simple, silly hometown pride. Also, I don't have a jelly yet! I may have mentioned in other comment section that I am new to your blog, but I'm also relatively new to polish obsession too!

    The layers definitely do look more appealing with a HWHAP on top. Did you use a top coat or is that pure jelly goodness. I'm inclined to believe it's just the jelly since the jelly finish is so luscious.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)