Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Orly: Stone Cold and Stamping

I have a mani for you today using Orly's Stone Cold from their new Mineral FX collection.  Stone Cold is a gnarly true blue glitter foil that is amazing.  It's opaque in two coats and the reflection that comes off your nails is bananas.


I did however use the foil method to get it off LOL Let me tell you though, it was so well worth the 3 day mani I got out of it.  I also stamped using my bundle monster 2 plates. this design is crazy, it's like a funky hourglass shape.  I messed up a bit on my ring finger but seriously, unless you know about stamping you couldn't tell.

Which was perfect because the BBQ I wore this mani to was full of people who knew nothing about polish :-)

On a side note, what do you think of the little collage I did with some of the close ups? I'm experimenting with a new photo program for editing and such and it's easy to do collages.

For those of you who haven't entered my Apothica Gveaway, check it out because it has a relatively low number of entries, so your chances are very good :)


16 comments:

  1. LOVE This!!!

    Oh and I really like that collage thing you did with the closeups! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is gr8 and the stamp you chose looks fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mesmerizing stamp job - looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blue!!
    I love your mani on it!! Looks like a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loovvveeee this blue! Such a striking color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and LOVE it!! Your stamping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this mani, it looks frkn amazing!! I love this polish too, I'm going to have to copy this one. I like the photo collage, before I read the last part of your post, I was thinking how cool .. how did she do that LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was impressed with collage it really added some visual interest to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im curious to know how you clean up your nails:( it be a good tutorial blog idea:) and i mean the clean up after you paint your nails if any

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz, I use an eye liner brush, just a cheapy one that's angled.. http://www.oprah.com/style/Lauren-Lukes-Favorite-Makeup-Brushes/2 (example of one) and acetone in a shot glass to dip it in then draw around my cuticles to clean up.. after if I dry out alot I go over my cuticles with Zoya Remove+ just to moisturize before take pictures... that's the lazy way to do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so pretty!
    how does it compare to OPI Swimsuit nailed it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this looks awesome! By the way, I love the layout of your post. It is so new and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the collage. It is a nice way to see the before and after stamping in a fun format.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)