Friday, August 3, 2012

The Manicured Monkey Presents: Drugstore Junkie

Your name: Joy

Blog name: Drug Store Junkie- drugstorejunkie13.blogspot.com

Favorite polish brand/color/finish: China Glaze, purple, creme

Why did you start your blog?:

For a few reasons... I started it because I love to write and I used to bite my nails. I have bitten my nails ever since I can remember. I stumbled upon the nail blog world when browsing colors to buy in hopes of stopping my nail bitting habbit. So far... it has worked! This part sounds sad, but I'm not looking for pity, so to speak. I also started it because I don't really have any friends. I have "friends" sure, but no one that I can share my deepest darkest secrets to, and there just some things you don't tell your signifigant other. I started this blog also as a release to be able to say what ever I want to say.

What do you think is your specialty mani?

Solid colors, haha. I'm pretty good at layering too. ;)

Where do you look for inspiration? 

Usually other blogs, however I do get inspired when I see an interesting color or concept. I like weird and unconventionally pretty things. I have yet to post any manis following this idea, but will soon when I see inspiration!

What’s one mani you have yet to attempt? 

Free hand artwork... I'm decent with pencil and paper, but free hand work just seems so intimidating. I'm fairly comfortable with dotting tools, stamping and stripers... but can't grasp water marbling.

One nail trend you are not on board with: 

Half moon manicures. I think they look weird! I'm also not a fan of frenchs that don't use your traditional pink base.

Do you have a nail care routine?

Not really... I push my cuticles back once a week (trying to get out of the habit of cutting them!) and apply hand lotion/cuticle balm when ever I remember.

What you hope readers take away from your blog: 

I guess just a sense of who I am. I've never been particularly open with anyone, so this is a great way to talk to people, while still having distance. I like the fact that people can know me without *really* knowing me. Oh, and pretty pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! Thank you so much for doing this. It's awesome! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)