Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Manicured Monkey Presents: Secretary's Nail Art






Your name: Dina Ramse

Blog name: Secretary`s Nail Art

Favorite polish brand/color/finish: Blue, everything blue!

Why did you start your blog?: I started with nail art around Christmas, and I got so many comments on what I did, and they were wondering how I did it, and such. So after a while I decided to start a blog.

What do you think is your specialty mani?: I haven't done this for so long, so I'm not sure, but I do love stamping.

Where do you look for inspiration? Other blogs mostly. I follow 60-70 different blogs, reading them whenever they post, adding some to my Evernote-app in Chrome, if I want to redo them, or just really really love em. I also get ideas crashing in my head out of nowhere.

What’s one mani you have yet to attempt? Galaxy nails.

One nail trend you are not on board with: Those Velvet nails using flocking powder. To me, flocking powder is for Warhammer 40k, miniature battlemaps, not nails.

Do you have a nail care routine? Yes, I have to. The work as a secretary makes me need a lot more moisturizer, than others, since I work with papers all day.  So I have different moisturizer throughout the day. Start with a thick one, designed for dry hands, then into a lighter one with herbs, incase I get paper cuts. When I get home I often use body butter, and end the day with Hemp hand protector from The Body Shop. I also use Lemon Cuticle Cream, whenever needed.
Every 14th day I use a mild scrub for hands, and cuticles, push them back with an orange stick.

What you hope readers take away from your blog: Inspiration, feeling that they can do this too. :)

1 comment:

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)