Recently I did a gel mani for my neighbor for her vacation over the holidays. I wanted to show you really quick that you can stamp over gel polishes; I'll also tell you how.
I used a Jessica base, top and polish, stamped with Sally Hansen Celeb City, used the Gals stamping plates (more on that in a different post but they're pretty awesome) and another gel that is like Fairy Dust for the sparkle... K, here we go:
- lightly buff nail, cleanse with acetone
- put base coat on and cure for time specified on bottle (should be about 30 seconds)
- do two coats of color gel, cure inbetween- don't make coats too thick or they won't cure
- for stamping:
- take lint free wipe with alcohol and gently take off film of nails to be stamped (surface will look a little dull, that's ok)
- stamp as usual, clean up cuticles with eyeliner brush and acetone
- For Sparkles:
- paint thin coat of sparkle gel polish over nail and cure for time specified
- use gel top coat over all nails and cure
- put rubbing alcohol on a lint free wipe and go over each nail to clear the film
You are done now and have a great unique gel mani!
What do you think? It doesn't take long after you've stamped once or twice over gel. I use an XL squishy stamper so it rolls easily over my nail.