Sunday, April 13, 2014

Guest Post: Notes From The S Life- Beauty products under $10

10 Awesome Beauty Finds for Under $10
Hey there! My name is Sandra and I’m a lifestyle blogger over at Notes from the S Life. I blog about pretty much everything, but as a recent transplant from Texas to San Francisco, it’s been fun documenting the differences in culture (those hills are insane!)
I used to be in the beauty world, so I love reading about new ingredients, trends and colors. I am also a MAJOR bargain shopper, and think that you can get pretty much anything without selling a kidney. Here are my top 10 beauty finds for under $10.

HAIR
The L’oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Conditioner have been my go-to for color safe hair care. Some carry a promotion travel size when you buy the full size, which is perfect for trips, especially since you know that hotel shampoo is going to dry the crap out of your hair. $5.99
Suave’s Dry Shampoo is the best drugstore product I’ve found to compete with professional ones. At $2.75, you just can’t beat it. Just rub the roots after spraying to avoid the lovely “drandruff look”.

SKIN
Yes To Cucumbers has become one of my favorite brands of all time. With my sensitive skin prone to redness, this milk cleanser doesn’t make me break-out, feels gentle and non-abrasive, and does a great job of removing make-up and grime. $8.99
I use these Simple Cleansing Wipes more for removing eye makeup than a cleansing substitute (this chic needs more).  They are also great on the go when you need a quick wipe and don’t want to resort to disinfecting wipes as a last resort (I’ve done that and the after effects are not pretty). $5.40
BODY
It’s awesome that Jergen’s Body Lotion’s original scent is cherry almond. It just smells so good! This is a pretty basic lotion, great for all skin types and lasts a good while. $4.99
They say to use conditioner to shave your legs instead of shave lotion, but I disagree. I find it clogs my razor and my skin tends to break out. This EOS Shave Cream is awesome. Product goes on super smooth and gets me a close shave. $3.99
FACE
Have you heard of the NYX brand? They have really great makeup that stays under $10. The blushes are some that I love. My favorite is the peach shade which leaves a nice, dewy look. If you’re looking to mix it up and try new colors, Nyx is definitely the way to go (at Ulta). $5.99
I wasn’t huge on cream shadows until I tried Maybelline’s 24 hour tattoo shades. They are seriously legit. Stays on for hours and are super pigmented. My favorite is the Bad to the Bronze. $5.99
Lipstick isn’t something I love to play around with, so I usually opt for the neutral, subtle shades. Revlon’s Lip Butters seem to do that for me, with my favorite being the pretty pink shade Cotton Candy. Goes on like butter and just enhances those beautiful lips. $6.49
Maybelline’s Falsies is really an awesome product. I did the eye-extension deal a while ago and miss those long lashes. This tube gives me volume and when used with an eyelash curler, a pretty darn good curl. $6.99
So there you have it, 10 tried and tested beauty finds that I am constantly buying and have as part of my essential head to toe beauty essentials. What are some of your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. Great picks for items under $10! Love getting recommendation that are affordable :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)