Friday, May 13, 2011

OPI: Planks Alot, stamping, dotting oh my!

I wore this mani for 5 days... a current record for me it seems :)

The base color on this is from OPI's Pirates Collection Planks Alot. It's a super pretty soft lilac purple creme.

 I did two coats and it dried relatively fast. I wanted to jazz the mani up but I wasn't quite sure how. I used China Glaze's Platinum, which I recently purchased, to check out it's stamping ability. I would say it's not as 'in your face' as OPI's Birthday Babe but it is quite great.
After I stamped with it, the design looked like it would "disappear" depending on what light it was in.  So I got out my dotting tool and OPI's Funky Dunkey and dotted over all the dots from the Konad... It took a while because I did both hands and had never used a dotting tool before, but I have to say it turned out really really fun! In some light/angles you could see the entire design and in others, you could only see the darker purple dots. So whatever angle you were looking at it, you always saw there was some sort of  nail art happening.. Mission accomplished!

4 comments:

  1. i love it, the colour is amazing, this design too... great mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Its so cute!
    What a great way to add to a stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is actually very cute (: I love both Planks A Lot And Funkey Dunkey.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)