Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Russian Navy and Gold La Rosa: take 2

Ok, so here's a follow up post of OPI Russian Navy Matte with La Rosa's Gold Crackle.  In the top picture where I'm holding the crackle bottle, I put a top coat over the matted Russian Navy.  I also did thick coats of crackle on my ring and little finger, thinner coats on my middle and index fingers.


If you add a top coat over the Russian Navy it will not crack as well.  I think that forgetting the top coat helped for cracking more but I'm still undecided about this combination.  





I want to like it, I really do, and it looks much better in person, but I'm still neutral on it.  May be I'll revisit this mani another time and see how I feel about it. 







5 comments:

  1. I really love this combo, the crackle color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! You can see the navy coming through much better. Maybe it's something about gold crackles that doesn't work so well, the gold crackle I have doesn't seem to crack as much as the others either.
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you gave it a second try with the top coat over the Russian Navy. I was dieing to know if it made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're coming out with crackles of every colour and kind now. this gold one is unique - never seen it yet! i think it's a great mani though hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea behind it, and I do like the color combo. I was just looking at swatches of the new navy shatter from OPI -- I'd be curious to see the navy shatter over Bling Dynasty or another bright gold. That reversal might get the look better?

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)