Saturday, June 18, 2011

Deborah Lippmann IKWBL and GITA

I wanted to take the periwinkle blue from Spring/Summer 2011 and add Glitter in the Air over it. I really like the way it came out.

I have never layered Glitter in the Air over a darker polish so I was a bit concerned.. It turned out kinda streaky because it is in such a milky base, but instead of adding another coat to even it out, I let it be because I reminded me of clouds. Really simple mani but it's quite pretty. I like the fact that Glitter in the Air is in a milky base and it changes the color of the darker polishes.  A top coat would most likely just add sparkle, but this does sparkly and changes the color of the polish a bit. I like it.


I thought I'd post an idea fail for you guys as well...



 When I think jelly like Yellow Brick Road, I instantly want to sandwich glitter between layers of it. I grabbed Glitter in the Air and attempted this.  So sad, I wanted this to work so bad! It didn't look that bad in person but it's just not that awesome. So here you go, a mani fail from yours truly. At least the colors on their own are total wins!!


 Have you entered my giveaway yet?!


8 comments:

  1. I actually like it with the yellow better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these look great! And I agree, it reminds me of clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you!
    http://samariums-swatches.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-tag-whats-in-your-purse.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Tagged you for the Top 10 Award!!!!! http://thenailaholic.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these colors , I am liking the yellow more though! Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)