Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Franken: Purple with holo glitter

I've been frankening up some stuff lately. Here's a purple franken that I added black and silver holo glitter to. It came out like a grape purple. The color itself is quite mellow and soothing to me. The formula is not too shabby either.. think OPI's My Private Jet. It could be a one coater, but I did two coats.



So what's in this polish you ask? Well, a whole lot of everything lol I used Sally Hansen HD Cyber, China Glaze C-C-Courage, some blurple pigment, clear, some lavender colors.. the list is insane. I also added some thinning drops to it :D  It is really pretty in person, the finish reminds me of MPJ, the more you layer, the more little holo flecks you see.  I couldn't get an accurate picture to show the holo and the right hue and I didn't want to mislead and photo shop it, so here's what you get.




Feel free to enlarge the picture and you can see the holo glitter better.. trust me, it's all up in there!! It's fun and my first real franken where I created the base color. What do you all think? Have you frankened before? It really does take practice!

Did you enter the latest Giveaway?

5 comments:

  1. great job, i love it :-D
    i've frankened some but it still waiting among untried polishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very pretty! My frankens are getting better.. still none that I'm head over heals for though

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)