Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Catrice: Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezey and stamping

Here's another awesome Catrice polish from Anouk and our swap. It's Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, a yellow with green undertones. My camera hated taking pictures of it by itself, so the color is more accurate under the stamping. As with most yellows, EPLS was a bit streaky, however it was pretty good after two coats and opaque. I lathered a coat of SV on top then stamped with one of the new foils from Color Club called Cold Metal using my bundle monster two plates. For my accent finger I stamped with Color Club Perfect Mol-ten which is that shiny green foil.  The foils are shimmery and stamp extremely well so I was thrilled it came out ok.  The only problem I had with this mani was that the SV coat that I put on top of the stamping caused my mani to pull back or "shrink" away from the tip of my nail, so within a few hours it looked like I had major tip wear. I'm going to experiment and see what top coat plays nice with SV and won't shrink my mani :)
I kind of want to get the rest of the foils to stamp with now LOL
If you follow me on Twitter you probably saw that I am gearing up for a giveaway at 700 followers (the blog is over 700 followers, just not all are public... so 700 public followers)
My blog sale 

6 comments:

  1. That stamp is so cute, I love the foil you used to stamp with... such a whimsical & fun design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I just picked up all the CC foils last night as I was pretty sure they'd be great for stamping as most foils were. Glad I did based on your pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!
    Great combo!!
    All the colors fit together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors all look so great together and your stamping is super clean, bravo monkey! :D

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)