Monday, June 4, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Monday: Gradient with Dots

Another Monkey See Monkey Do Monday mani! This time I copied Amber Did It! because her gradient dotting was awesome.  I'm still working on gradients but I did two coats of Zoya Arizona then sponged Milani Yellow Whiz (my go to yellow). Then I took my dotting tool and did dots with Zoya Arizona. The only thing I didn't really like about this mani is the bumps that the dots left on top of the already orange... but... I guess I could have stopped dotting. I could look at it as a texture for the top half of the nail I suppose. Either way, great idea and eas really fun to attempt. I'm still practicing so I'll probably have more gradients coming soon. Check out everyone else who participated in MSMD Mondays:

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if it would be less bumpy if you painted your whole nail yellow, then did your dots, then sponged the orange onto the top half of the nail, thereby smoothing out the upper dots... Just a thought! Super cute though, very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!!! you can totally pull off yellow and oranges. :( I can't. I didn't do MSMD this week. I just got too tired last night to figure out what I wanted to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)