Saturday, April 26, 2014

Guest Post: The Little Canvas! (MONKEYS!!)

Hi everyone!  Alaina from The Little Canvas here taking over The Manicured Monkey for the day!  I couldn't be happier to be posting for Kristin today!   Back in 2012, she featured my work over here on The Manicured Monkey along with a little interview about me.  Since I was a little fish in the blogging pond at the time, it meant so much to me that she wanted to feature my work!

Through my blogging years, I have gotten to know Kristin through Twitter.  Her support of me and my blog has meant the world to me.  Most recently, she inspired me to create my St. Patrick’s Day Nail Art Wheel, which she shared on Pinterest and it got a zillion re-pins.  Okay, maybe not a zillion, but it sure got shared a lot.

For today’s post, I wanted to do something special, fun, and unique.  Since Spring is here, I debated on doing some sort of floral manicure.  Then I thought about doing a kitchen sink manicure with some tape, gradients, and dots.  Both ideas, while awesome, I was a tad bored by.  Then it hit me….The Manicured Monkey…..monkey nail art!

Let’s take a look!
 Colors Used:
¨         Base
o       Sinful Colors – Pistache
¨         Banana Nails
o       Orly Instant Artist – White & Black
o       Ulta – SunSational
¨         Monkey
o       Zoya – Louise
o       Zoya – Taylor
o       Orly Instant Artist – White & Black

Cute, right?!  I am in love with how they turned out!  They are just as I imagined.  I picked Sinful Colors Pistache for my base because it’s a perfect bright green polish.  I thought a little monkey would look beyond adorable on top of that color and I think it’s safe to say I was right.  The monkey perfectly popped off the base.


I decided to do white polka dots on the other nails since I recently figured out how to perfectly fit a dot on my nail.  It only took about two years and a lot of disasticures to figure it out.  Since this discovery, I’ve been kind of obsessed with polka dots.  I decided was a little bored by just the plain dots, so I decided to add the little bananas.  They aren’t perfect, but that’s what makes them cute!

What do you think?  Think Kristin will enjoy the monkey manicure? :)

Thank you so much Kristin for letting me come back and post over here on your amazing blog!  If any of Kristin’s lovely followers would like to check out more of my work, please head on over to The Little Canvas and follow :).

2 comments:

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)